An all time oven dish favourite now prepared in a skillet!
Original oven recipe can be found here
– Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to directions then drain.
– Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion, and stir until tender.
– Add minced beef, stir occasionally until browned.
– Reduce heat, season mixture with salt and pepper, leave for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
For the Béchamel Sauce
– Heat butter in a saucepan over low heat, add flour and stir until smooth.
– Add milk to the mixture while continuously whisking with a whisk or hand mixer (so that chunks will not be formed) until combined and sauce is thickened.
– Add the egg and beat well with the sauce, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
-Add cheese then combine all ingredients together and cook for a few minutes.
Don’t worry too much if you don’t have any cheese to add. The secret is in the sauce!